The tube with a hat
Radu Jude the only Romanian that was ever selected in the Sundance competition won the big prize for short film at this international event.
The Tube with A Hat, screenplay Florin Lazarescu, direction Radu Jude, produced by Hifilm / Ada Solomon won the final selection between the 71 finalists and from the initial 4.400 short movies entered in the competion.
– grand prize at Bilbao Festival (Spain)
– grand prize for short movie Montpellier Festival (France)
– best short film – Trieste (Italy)
– grand premio Dakino (Romania)
– best short Independent Producers Constanta Festival (Romania)
Update: as the winner from Sundance and Bilbao, “the Tube with a Hat” has been now nominated for short film section at Oscars.
I wish them a lot of luck!